Before the actual printing of books, newspapers, periodicals and other printed matter takes place, the paper must be prepared and submitted in the appropriate form and size, in each case.
Printer’s cutters measure and cut paper according to specified dimensions. Power-driven guillotines are operated to perform this. The paper is then arranged in batches and prepared for the subsequent printing operation.
Printer’s cutters must be well acquainted with receiving and dispatching procedures.
- commercial printing plants
- book and magazine publishers
- newspaper plants
- stationery and envelope manufacturers
- government departments
- government printing works
- manufacturers and other firms that do their own printing
- try to obtain vacation or part-time work at a printing company
- arrange to speak to printer’s cutters about this type of career
- contact the Department of Labour about learnership possibilities in your area
Coastal KZN TVET College