Customer services agents look after the interests of all customers in their interactions and dealings with the business. Their main objective is to assist customers and make their experience a positive one.
An airline customer services agent:
- books passengers onto flights
- checks documents and health certificates
- issues travel tickets
- weighs baggage
- issues baggage receipts and levies charges on overweight baggage
- removes flight coupons from travel tickets and attaches them to the passenger list
- issues boarding passes
- assists in arranging return flights
- ensures that passengers receive messages
- acts as announcer
Some airports offer a 24-hour service and the customer services agent is expected to work shifts.
How to Enter
Schooling & School Subjects
National Senior Certificate
What to Study
Large organisations, departmental stores, etc, may provide in-service training.
Many organisations that deal with the public, e.g. airlines, departmental stores, airlines
Contact any of the above employment possibilities
- try to obtain vacation work in an airport, as a customer services agent
- make an appointment to speak to a customer services agent about this type of career
Programmes by Study Institutions