A Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying new business opportunities, building and maintaining relationships with clients, and developing strategies to achieve company growth. They are also in charge of creating and implementing marketing plans, analysing market trends, and identifying potential target markets.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement marketing plans and strategies.
- Conduct market research and analysis.
- Identify potential target markets.
- Create and deliver presentations to clients.
- Negotiate and close deals with clients.
- Develop and manage budgets and financial plans.
- Strong sales and marketing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinking.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Good understanding of business finance.
- Knowledge of market trends and consumer behaviour.
- Highly motivated and driven.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Confident and assertive.
- Adaptable and flexible.
A Business Development Manager is a vital position in any company, responsible for driving business growth and identifying new opportunities. They require a diverse set of skills, including sales, marketing, and financial planning, as well as strong communication and leadership skills. A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field, along with at least 5 years of experience in sales, marketing, or business development, is usually required for this position.
How to Enter
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in sales, marketing, or business development.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and business growth.
- Knowledge of the industry and competition.
- Strong networking skills and ability to build relationships with clients and key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and manage a team.
Programmes by Study Institutions