As part of our commitment, the department’s bursary scheme provides financial support to South Africa students studying in the fields deemed critical and scarce to the National Treasury. It aims to build critical skills capacity and provide students with the opportunity to further their studies. Fields of study include the following: Accounting, Auditing (Internal), BCom Law, Engineering (Financial), Economics, Econometrics, Finance (Development), LLB, Management (Financial), Management (Risk), Policy (Public), Policy (Social), Taxation.
, Chartered Accounting
Who Can Apply
You are a South African citizen
• You meet the entry requirements for your chosen field of study (provide proof of registration or provisional acceptance at the university)
• Financial need
• You must be studying or intending to study in the fields stated in Q2 below
• If you are in matric: You have a grade 12 certificate with university exemption and an aggregate of 65% or higher
• If you are already in university: You have obtained an average of 65% or higher for the previous year of study at university
School leavers (Year 12), Undergraduate
Which Countries can Apply?
• Prescribed books only
• Accommodation at an official university residence and meals
The department offers bursaries with a work-back contract obligation. You will be obliged to work for the length of time that the bursary was allocated to you (i.e. if you obtained a bursary for one year, you would work for the department for one year). However, if the department cannot accommodate you after you complete your degree and you cannot be employed elsewhere in the public service, you will be released from this obligation. Should you wish to work elsewhere upon completing your degree without giving the National Treasury the first right to employ you, you will be obliged to pay the full costs of the bursary sponsorship.
15 August 2018
National Treasury, 24th Floor, 240 Madiba Street, Cnr Thabo Sehume and Madiba Street, Pretoria 0002
The HR Specialist National Treasury, Private Bag X 115, Pretoria, 0001